What is Pediatric Hepatology
Hepatology is a branch of medicine concerned with the study, prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the liver, gallbladder, biliary tree and pancreas. The term is derived from the Greek words hepatikos and logia, which means liver and study. Are you looking for the hepatologist in Pune?
Wilson’s disease or hepatolenticular degeneration is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder in which copper accumulates in tissues; this manifests as neurological or psychiatric symptoms and liver disease. Liver tumors or hepatic tumors are tumors or growths on or in the liver. Several distinct types of tumors can develop in the liver because the liver is made up of various cell types. These growths can be benign or malignant (cancerous). Dr. Bipin vibhute is one of the best .
1. Normal liver anatomy and Introduction to liver histology
2. Diagnostic procedures
3. Infantile cholestasis: Approach and diagnostic algorithm
4. Biliary atresia and choledochal malformations
5. Congenital hepatic fibrosis, Caroli’s disease, and other fibrocystic liver diseases
6. Familial intrahepatic cholestasis
7. Alagille syndrome
8. Chronic viral hepatitis B and C
9. Bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections of the liver
10. Liver disease in primary immunodeficiencies
11. Autoimmune liver disease
12. Inherited metabolic disorders and the liver
13. Wilson’s disease
14. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
15. Vascular disorders of the liver
16. Portal hypertension in children
17. Liver tumors in children
18. Acute liver failure in children
19. Complications of cirrhosis in children
20. Nutritional management of children with liver disease
Contact us for the pediatric hepatologist in Pune.